Purpose: To follow consistent residency protocols defined by Board Policy 5111.1
Outcome: To identify students/families currently not living with the SBSD attendance boundaries
What we currently know:
- We currently have students not living within the district attendance boundaries within both the online and onsite programs
- Students are living with relatives or their families in other cities/states/countries
- There are students who are not participating/engaging in both synchronous and asynchronous lessons due to technological issues
- Students don't have access to materials that were handed out
- We currently have students/families traveling for extended periods of time in both the online and onsite programs
- Students/families are on extended trips (1-2 months) to other cities/states/countries
- Students are not able to participate in synchronous lessons due to time zone differences
- Families are asking for classroom teachers to provide school work while they are gone.
3. We have a process for students to be placed on an Independent Study contract for 20-21 for up to 14 days for the following reasons:
- There is a need to self-quarantine due to close direct contact with someone who's tested positive for COVID-19
- There is a need to isolate due to being positive for COVID-19
- Special circumstances
- Student Services will send out residency postcards to all families currently enrolled through Aeries to identify families no longer residing within SBSD.
- We should continue to follow current Board Policy and attendance protocols where students/families whom we know no longer reside within the district to be disenrolled after their ninth consecutive absence.
- We will provide school site attendance clerks with recommendations so they know how to code the students.